RE: Looking for 1600 or 2000

To: "'Snowdon, Michael'" <MSnowdon@kbhomes.com>
Subject: RE: Looking for 1600 or 2000
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 22:17:11 -0800
It seems this comes up on the list a lot. I would say that a daily driver
should have mechanics as top priority with cosmetics running second. I would
read the buyer's guide on Datsun.org. It's great. Also, you need to decide
if you want a low or high windshield model. Another issue is whether you
want a 1600 or 2000. Each has advantages and disadvantages.

So the same old advice holds true: Due lots of research, set a budget and
stick with it and get a car that has been checked out by a knowledgable
person. Also pay attention to the DMV/title posts that have been on the list
and consider the "hidden costs" such as insurance and registration.

These cars go from about 3-7 grand if they are straight and don't need a lot
of work. There also seems to be a number of them for sale at any given time
so be choosy and get the one you want. Check out the vendor websites as they
usually either have them posted or know people who are selling.

Good Luck!

Andrew Murphy
67.5 2000 Solex
SRL311-00489 http://www.netcom.com/~andr/socalroc.htm