Re: Looking for 1600 or 2000

To: MSnowdon@kbhomes.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for 1600 or 2000
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 01:08:42 EST
In a message dated 2/21/00 5:53:10 AM !!!First Boot!!!, MSnowdon@kbhomes.com
writes:

<< I am looking for the above car that needs little or no work to be used as a
 daily driver in LA, CA.  What should I pay for a car like this that is in
 great shape. >>

Hello,

I would like to be the first to welcome you to the Roadster List.  You have
found the perfect place to find a Datsun Roadster.  But once you find this
dream car we hope that you hang around for awhile as this is an even better
source for parts and information.

In regards to locating a Roadster.  The models vary slightly from year to
year.  I would suggest that you start with visiting some different websites
to see the differences between the model/years.  In general, all of them are
basically the same.  And they are all wonderfully reliable if taken care of.

As a matter of fact, I believe that there is a beautiful Roadster for sale in
the Central Valley.  It also hapens to be one of the more sought after
models, a 1967.5 1600 in very nice original condition.  I beleive the price
is $4400. which is a bargain considering the price it costs to rebuild one.

Expect to get alot of free advise.  And if you are open to it, please
introduce yourself to the list and let us know why you picked to Datsun
Roadster.

Take care,

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
San Francisco, Ca