Re: <DMV> WE MUST EDUCATE! After intro - LONG...

To: birukun@san.rr.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: <DMV> WE MUST EDUCATE! After intro - LONG...
From: "Ben Zech" <motormite@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 14:46:54 GMT
Well said.....I bought a 2L in S.C. last year, the guy selling it was a
middle man, said it had a title....OK, I buy it, he delivers it, then he
tells me that I may have a little problem with the title, OK whats the
problem, well the title was never transfered from the dealership, car had
blown a head gasket the owner took it in to get it fixed (BTW, this happened
in 1974), they tell him it will cost him $X, when he goes to get the car the
bill is $XXX, he gets mad tells them to keep the car. They do, they sell the
car to a used car dealer for the bill, he takes the car home with the
intention of fixing it up for himself, never has it titled in his name, he
sells the car again and the next guy never titles it....so, I have a car,
titled in 1974 that I can't get in my name...DMV tells me that i have to go
back to the dealership and get them to release the lien, guess what, the
dealership is no longer in business.
Moral of the story, find out what you can up front, don't get so excited
because you want the car so bad you forget to do your homework.

BZ/NC/SPL/SRL
motormite@hotmail.com