Re: 1600/2000 distributor question

To: nruff <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: 1600/2000 distributor question
From: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:55:53 -0800
The distributors are the same.  A pre '68 distributor with non-smog
weights and springs will work in an R16 or a U20.  Set timing to 16
degrees BTDC where it belongs.  If you do this with a smog (post '68)
distributor you will end up with WAY too much advance at cruising RPMs.

One of our fellow Listers, Gary Boone, is preparing an article which
will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about Roadster
distributors.  This will be appearing in Z Car and Classic Datsun one of
these days.

Barrie
'66 2000
San Diego