1600/2000 distributor question

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1600/2000 distributor question
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:33:10 -0600
Hey all-

I hope somebody can help me out with this.  Are 1600 and 2000 distributors
the same?  I have a 69 desmogged 2L.  Several weeks ago, I set the timing to
16BTDC (non smog timing).   Through past posts, the list has made me aware
that I should be running non smog distributor weights and cam to avoid
overheating.  A fellow list member confirmed that the distributor cam was
the same between the two motors.  Are the weight the same also?  Any other
applicable information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan