Where to find a miss

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Where to find a miss
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:56:18 -0600
Hey-

I seem to have very little time to work on my project anymore but plan on
traveling to my folks this weekend, spending Saturday afternoon and evening
tackling a miss problem on my 69 2L.  I'm 99.9% certain it's in the
ignition.

This is what I have:
New Cap and Rotor
New Wires (Old Wires Did the Same Thing)
New Plugs
Pertronics (no points)
Old Coil
Old Resistor

The miss is not consistent but is almost always there.  I used the inductive
p/up from my timing light and determined that the miss is present as far
back as the coil wire.  Tell me if I'm correct in my thinking, but this
leaves only the distributor or coil to be at fault, right?

Any ideas on where or what to check are appreciated.

Thanks also for all the other assistance you all have provided.  With my
current arrangements, many times I am not able to try your reccomendations
for severa weeks, hence, I know I have some very streched out threads.
Thanks again for your patience.

Nathan