Re: Miata vs. Datsun Roadster Vs. MGB et al (was Miata)

To: motormite@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Miata vs. Datsun Roadster Vs. MGB et al (was Miata)
From: Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:42:58 EST
If anyone has ever ridden in the "Monster Miata" let me tell you it definitely
has character!  For those of you unfamiliar with it, it's a Ford Motorsport
built 302, 5 spd and RX7 rear end stuffed into the Miata.  This was back in '92
when they hadn't quite worked out the bugs yet, and it was tearing the
differential off the frame.  First gear was completely useless as it would
instantly get sideways, smoke the tires all the way through 2nd, 3rd was the
first useable gear...getting airborne on a slight crest was my first experience
and then I politely asked to get out, because my friend was an idiot.  He
bought the car and the conversion with his "allowance" for that semester in
college, insanely wealthy family.  That is my image of Miatas...

  Stan Wada