Re: Miata vs. Datsun Roadster Vs. MGB et al (was Miata)

To: shifty@best.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata vs. Datsun Roadster Vs. MGB et al (was Miata)
From: "Ben Zech" <motormite@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 23:17:07 GMT
I own a 90 Miata 100K+ and has never let me down.
Not stock by any means either, but I will have to admit you see a lot of
women driving them (I think this is what the thread was refering to.

1 Miata
6 Roadster(s)
1 95 Jeep Cherokee
1 66 Chevy Van (20K original miles)
1 90 929 another very reliable car
1 82 Ford pickup for hauling Datsuns home
1 53 GMC bus for storage (parts)

Pretty diverse, huh?
BZ

>From: shifty <shifty@best.com>
>To: roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: Miata vs. Datsun Roadster Vs. MGB et al (was Miata)
>Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 14:45:48 -0800
>
>Some of us own both! At least three on this list that I know of!
>
>The Miata is the MGB of the 90's (and possibley the 00's as well). And it
>is a brilliantly designed and executed machine. The best part of their
>"common-ness" is the aftermarket support - there are more add-on parts
>available for the Miata then any other car.
>
>Beg for a ride (or if you are really lucky, a drive) at the next autocross
>you go to. These cars handle really well! Independent suspension, most have
>limited-slip diffs, and a nice twin-cam engine with the best five-speed
>gearbox I've ever driven.
>
>Does the Miata have the same character? No. It just doesn't have enough
>chrome! But it is a continuation of the "roadster from the east". It's a
>real shame that Nissan hasn't built one.
>
>My 1500 is a bit too crude for everyday driving, the 67.5 2000 is still in
>pieces, so the Miata gets to go out and play in traffic, on the twisties
>and
>on the auto-x course.
>
>Leigh Brooks
>SF
>'64 1500
>'67.5 2000
>'93 Miata C package
>
>PS - Chicks dig it, does that make it a chick car? (I admit I am relieved
>that Barbie got a pink Boxster last year to replace her pink Miata). ;^)

BZ/NC/SPL/SRL
motormite@hotmail.com