Miata vs. Datsun Roadster Vs. MGB et al (was Miata)

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Miata vs. Datsun Roadster Vs. MGB et al (was Miata)
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:36:16 -0800
Hello all,

The thing about the Datsuns is their uniqueness. Miatas are easy to find,
easy to get parts and are EVERYWHERE. MGBs are also pretty common as their
production run was a LOT longer. They just made a lot of them. Whenever I go
to an SCCA event, I see a TON of Miatas driving around.

I followed the thread where it was said that if you want a roadster for a
daily driver, go with a Miata or if you have more bucks a BMW Z3 or a
Porsche Boxster or something like that.

I like my Datsun because it is unusual and also very cool. People stop and
ask about the car. And there is nothing more a Datsun Roadster owner loves
to do more than talk about their car. If you see a Miata or an MGB driving
down the road, it really isn't given a second glance. But our cars are
different.

So is a Miata a chick car? As opposed to a Datsun I'd say yes!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC http://www.netcom.com/~andr/socalroc.htm