Re: Hot tanking vs Baking

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot tanking vs Baking
From: Mark <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 12:59:24 -0600
Tom, please share more of your wisodom.  I have a few questions...

Thomas Walter wrote:

> Either way that are some things to be done:
>
> Pull the oil ...
>
> Deliver the block with the MAIN CAPS installed ...

Why?

> Chamfer the top off all the threaded holes. (Ok, ok, I am really
> picky).

Why?

> SUPER PICKY (i.e. race only). Paint the bottom inside of the block
> with GLYPTAL.

Why?

Okay, that's one question three times.  But please enlighten us as to the
reason for these strange rituals.

Mark van der Hoek
Houston, for now.
(You know it's bad when all of the engineers, including your supervisor, spend
half the day comparing job offers and rumors of jobs and how many hits did YOU
get on your resume on Monster.com?)

--

            "They that can give up essential
            liberty to obtain a little temporary