Re: Recovered 67.5 1600 in SF

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Recovered 67.5 1600 in SF
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:53:41 EST
In a message dated 01/21/2000 05:47:00 GMT, agarrettsmith@hotmail.com writes:

> Well my 1967.5 1600 was recovered by the S.F. police a few miles from where
>  it was stolen.  The top, my manual and some other items from the trunk
were
>  gone

Congrats on getting it back - and in apparently driveable condition as well.
The typical recovered vehicle is never in very good shape.  Years ago a guy I
worked with had his pristine '78 (?- that first yr of Finj) 280Z stolen from
his garage. Oddly enough, the only thing they stole from inside his house was
some silky bikini underwear of his!!! (don't know & don't WANNA know) When it
was recovered,  both the body and the engine were toast as somone took it for
a *serious* joyride. It was a total loss. (No, his skivvies were never
recovered.........)

I think everyone here on the list can keep an eye out for any tops for sale
from shady characters - I hate to see what happens when some un-knowing idiot
thinks he's gonna make a $ off of one of our fellow list members !  (Visions
of a dark shady field in the middle of nowhere - a circle of roadsters with
their parking lights on... poor bastard in the middle... sorta "old south
KKK-ish" thing <G>)

Anyhoo... I guess it's a good reminder to ID mark various parts of our cars.

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
Chandler, AZ