radio interference

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: radio interference
From: Ray Cole <raycole@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 18:45:23 -0700
Just had a new Kenwood radio/tape unit intalled in my 68 2000.

On AM (only AM and only with the engine running) I am getting noise that
increased with engine speed so it must be ignition related.

When I disconnect the antenna it stops.

So far I have:

1. installed an inline noise suppressor in the hot wire to the radio
2. installed an antenna noise suppressor
3. replaced the distributor cap
4. replaced the spark plug wires
5 replaced the spark plugs with NKG BP6ES

No improvement with any of the above

I'm told that there should be a noise suppressor on or near my coil.
Whatever it is it either is not there (and not on my 1600 either), or I
don't recognize it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ray