Re: brake caliper rebuild-sleeve or replace???

To: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: brake caliper rebuild-sleeve or replace???
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 16:19:31 PST8PDT
Nathan asks:
> What are the advantages and disadvantges for both rebuilding the front
> calipers (having them sleeved with stainless) or just purchasing new
> housings.  It would seem to me that stainless would be the way to go as it
> would never pit.

There's been a few responses about new vs sleeved and what shops
do this work.

If you love stainless steel and have the wa$$et for it, check out
Hye-Dra-Cyl (http://www.hyedracyl.com). They make replacement
calipers using T304 stainless steel. $139 per cylinder.

I think I'll flush my brake fluid this weekend :-)

-- John