brake caliper rebuild-sleeve or replace???

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake caliper rebuild-sleeve or replace???
From: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 20:08:17 -0500
I know I'm beating a REALLY old horse when I bring up brakes again-bear with
me PLEASE!

This is my question:
What are the advantages and disadvantges for both rebuilding the front
calipers (having them sleeved with stainless) or just purchasing new
housings.  It would seem to me that stainless would be the way to go as it
would never pit.  I was curious, as recent threads have spoken of replacing
with the original the original aluminum housings.  What other variables
exist (longevity, cost, effectiveness, ect ect)

If anyone one of you have had positive or negative experience with either
solution please let me know.  Seems as if the brake parts on the roadsters
are eating up a big portion of the budget (already replaced 1/2 of the
lines, rear cylinders, brake master, and rubber flex hoses).  Where will it
end!!   :-)   Really thankful that most of the fittings-excluding the front
calipers-use SAE threads!

I CANNOT just throw seals in the front calipers as they are pitted REALLY
bad.  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks again!
Nathan

69 2000