Re: rockers

To: Art Department <qcimages@ix.netcom.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rockers
From: Kevin McDonald <kevin.mcdonald@dev.tivoli.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:29:40 -0600
Art Department wrote:

> Looking for info on replacement rockers. If an effort to save some
> money, I
> choose to trade in a set of old rockers plus $10 or $12 ea for a
> "REFURBISHED" set . At the time I was lacking mechanical knowledge and
> thought this route sounded better then dropping $250 on a "NEW" set
> from
> Nissan. However I assumed that because these were coming from a
> longtime
> "Roadster Guy" that what I received was what I needed. What I did not
> know
> at the time was that the ends of the rockers should have a polished
> face
> and not a rough "looks like it was finished with a Black & Decker hand
> grinder"type finish. My solex cam "Destroyed".

I also sent off for 'reground' followers.
I think they used a chain saw on mine!
I ditched the set of them and spent the big bucks on
new followers to go along with my new solex cam.
Some people told me to get my cam reground for more lift but
after looking at the 'reground' followers I decided that
industry was better left for someone else.
I actually laughed when I saw the rockers - they were that bad.
I don't remember how much money I lost on that 'deal'...

Kevin
72 510
69 2000