rockers

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: rockers
From: Art Department <qcimages@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:53:30 -0800
Looking for info on replacement rockers. If an effort to save some money, I
choose to trade in a set of old rockers plus $10 or $12 ea for a
"REFURBISHED" set . At the time I was lacking mechanical knowledge and
thought this route sounded better then dropping $250 on a "NEW" set from
Nissan. However I assumed that because these were coming from a longtime
"Roadster Guy" that what I received was what I needed. What I did not know
at the time was that the ends of the rockers should have a polished face
and not a rough "looks like it was finished with a Black & Decker hand
grinder"type finish. My solex cam "Destroyed".

So I'm fixing the problem now. Does any one know of any Quality "NEW"
options for rockers, that many not cost $250? I know this sounds a little
silly being that I tried this route once and I'm now out a set rockers,
$100 trade in and a $300 solex cam, but maybe this info will help others.
Any info on rocker options would be great!

P.S. the later two piece rockers were used for the "REFURBISHED" set. I was
told that a 510 used a two piece rocker and and the ends are the same as
those used on roadsters? Any info on this?