Distributor damage?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Distributor damage?
From: Xcokid@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 10:20:47 EST
When I was installing the Pertronix ignitor in my Roadster, I decided it would
be a good time to clean the advance plates, both mechanical and vaccum. On the
bottom side of the plate that the points mount on, there is a spring steel
plate with three ball bearings. This pivots when the vaccuum pulls the plate
to advance the ignition. Those three ball bearings seem to have worn a groove
in the plate that would be above them when installed. Well, they look like
wear marks, Or is this normal? Feels kind of notchy when rotated by hand.
By, the way. Roadster seems to start quicker with less choke action now.

Unrealated subject: What's a good method to ground temprature sensor?

Thanks

Rick Stayner
69 2000
Harrisburg, Pa