JC Whitney top --HELP!!

To: NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: JC Whitney top --HELP!!
From: Gleeson.M@prodigy.com (MR M GLEESON)
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 00:24:55, -0500
Nathan,
I must be one of the few JCW Roadster soft top success  stories.  Put
 mine on over 5 years ago with no problems.  I too used the twisties
by the doors and snaps behind for the rest.  First thing to do is get
your bow fixed/reinforced.  Once that's squared away you should have
a half inch retaining strip on the underside of it that the fabric is
held onto the bow with.   Now wait for at least 70 degree weather and
a buddy to help.  A warm top is easier to work with and gives a
better fit when all said and done.

Oh yes, don't forget to clean and paint the whole top frame  before
installing the top.  Any rust will rub off and stain the inside of
the top.

Mike