Re: Roadster mystery solved???

To: jfw@commercemarket.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster mystery solved???
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 21:51:36 EST
In a message dated 20-03-99 7:20:28 PM EST, jfw@commercemarket.com writes:

<< The plate says:

 Model for Year         1967
 Engine Capacity        1595 cc (guy who gave it says it's a 2000)
 Max HP at RPM          96/hp/6000/ RPM (sae)
 Wheel base             2280 mm (it has custom hubs)
 Engine No              R-3.33 0 6
 Car No                 SPL311 09845
 Vin                    SPL31114038

 I am dying to know what it's worth! >>

Hello,

Obliviously you have a '67 1600.  But just make sure, what type of dash does
it have?  Is it a flat metal or molded plastic dash?  If metal, how many
gauges does it have in the center of the dash... two or three?

Pop the hood and look at the master brake cylinder.  Is it a double or single?
These are just a few differences.  There are several more that I have not
indicated.

I think another one is underneath the car to the rear.  On the 67 there should
be a "torsion bar" that connects the frame to the rear axel.  (I think its
called a torsion bar)  Can someone please shed some light on this for me.

Anyway, what is it worth?  The car car actually be priceless.  Really... it
can.  Just hop in and drive it and expereince the thrill of driving a
wonderful car.  There are few things that give me the type joy that my Datsun
Roadster gives me.  I bought my first '66 1600 for $1,000 bucks.  But once I
was "hooked on the feeling" the car was absolutly priceless.

BTW... where are you located?

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
San Francisco, Ca