Re: KA24 16 valve mounting kit

To: ROADSTER <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: KA24 16 valve mounting kit
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 11:42:50 -0600
><< Okay here goes a really dumb question.
>         Whats a KA24??  Why is it good?  Why would I want to swap it
> into my roadster??
>         And yes I know its an engine jsut someone give me the specifics. >>
>
>The DOHC 16-valve KA engine (known as the KA24DE) came in the '91 and above
>240SXs. Power output is 155hp, and torque is very good, as it should be
>considering that the KA is essentially a truck engine. Some guys have pushed
>the KA to put out about 400hp reliably. I know some guys trying to pump about
>700hp outta one right now. It's in some rich kid's 240SX tho...so roadster
>purists may rest easy.
>
>Van

Interesting. I've been under the impression that there's a lot more go
fast bits available for the 12 valve than the 16 valve. There were
several very nice KA-24(12v) 510's at Shasta last year, and I know Bill
Kenyon's built an SRL using KA-24.

Be interesting to find out the differences. Could be that the top end
(head/intake/exhaust) is different, but the lower end is the same. Of
course, setting up the exhaust and having room for intake plumbing are a
big part of any swap.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)