Re: KA24 16 valve mounting kit

To: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu, datsun@istar.ca
Subject: Re: KA24 16 valve mounting kit
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 03:15:09 EST
In a message dated 3/19/99 12:07:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu writes:

<< Okay here goes a really dumb question.
         Whats a KA24??  Why is it good?  Why would I want to swap it
 into my roadster??
         And yes I know its an engine jsut someone give me the specifics. >>

The DOHC 16-valve KA engine (known as the KA24DE) came in the '91 and above
240SXs. Power output is 155hp, and torque is very good, as it should be
considering that the KA is essentially a truck engine. Some guys have pushed
the KA to put out about 400hp reliably. I know some guys trying to pump about
700hp outta one right now. It's in some rich kid's 240SX tho...so roadster
purists may rest easy.

Van