Front shocks

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front shocks
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 19:53:35 -0800
Two things I learned today:
   1) Read the book first!  I struggled for 15 minutes trying to figure out
how the front shocks came out of the coil without taking half the front end
apart.  I finally came in, opened the book, and as most of you know, 3 bolts
later I had the shock out.
  2)  Not all red shocks are Konis.  The label on the shock I removed, after
a careful cleaning, proudly proclaims it to be a "Heavy Duty Regal Rider" by
NAPA!  Next to impossible to extend but collapsed back at a touch.  The new
KBY GR2s certainly will help the ride this spring.
  3) Okay, I know I said two but ... taking a lesson from my 'Stress relief'
book, today I walked away from the stress; WORK!  The sun was out and the
bank sign said 50 degrees by 11:00 this morning, and suddenly I felt sick.
Sick enough to drive home and dig the 1600 out of it's winter hiding.  I
wish I could say I enjoyed a quick ride around the block, but the insurance
isn't turned on yet, so I just sat back and listened as it warmed up in the
drive way.  Great sound!  After some quick chores around the house, I
decided to tackle the front shocks.  Tomorrow promises to be even warmer.  I
may just be sick enough to stay home and tackle the rear shocks.
And if Friday turns out to be a sunshine day, I may just get my new roll bar
installed before the weekend!

Sunny and warm in Ohio at last!
Paul
OROC