Re: Datsun Racing Teams

To: "Roadster List" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Datsun Racing Teams
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 18:17:47 -0600
>In a message dated 13-03-99 0:17:00 AM EST, casalp@earthlink.net writes:
>
><< You also mentioned some starting up a club for  Datsuns like the Shelby
> American Club that rents race tracks for a weekend. I'll bet if enough
> people were interested Thunderhill Park near Chico, Ca  would be
> rentable.
> >>

>HEllo,
>
>It is very rentable.   As a matter of fact, the racing club that I belong too
>rents it twice a year.  We usually have a couple dozen cars attend.  The cost
>for a Saturday session usually run about $190. per car/driver.  Last Oct I
>ran
>for over 150 total miles in the Roadster.  Certainly worth the small price.
>
>I will be running it again on May 9th.  But this time I should have much
>better lap times.  Last year I used street tires but this year I plan to run
>with something much better.

Thunderhill is going to used for the track day on July 8th in conjunction
with this year's Mt. Shasta All-Datsun Meet. Participation is limited to
60 drivers. Full event registration is $150/driver ($175 after 1 June).
Registration for the track day only is $80/driver ($95 after 1 June). You
can D/L a PDF file with info and the registration form from the Dime
Quarterly website at <http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/>.

Everyone gets at least two hours of track time. We're planning (AFAIK) on
teching as many cars as possible on Wednesday so we can maximize track
time Thursday. Last year's track day used a shortened track due to a lot
of new asphalt. This year the plan is to use most if not all of the three
mile course. T/H has a website at <
http://www.thunderhill.com/index.html>.

We had a good mix of 510's, Z's and Sentra's, plus a rented Altima last
year, and we'd really like to see some roadsters this year. This is NOT
all out fender banging racing, but rather a carefully controlled event
where you can find out how your car handles at higher speeds than you
(usually) can drive on public roads. Well..., at least you won't need
your radar detector. <G>

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)