Re[2]: Stripping my 67.5 2000...

To: "Roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re[2]: Stripping my 67.5 2000...
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:09:21 -0800
I use a small flat-tipped screwdriver, sharpened to a near-point with a
bend of the flat-tip up at an angle (maybe 30 degrees). It's easy to slip
the point under the fastener tangs where they "grab" the emblem posts. Then
gently press the screwdriver down and the fastener is loosened enough to
slide or twist it off the emblem post. The push-on fastener can be
"renewed" by tapping it on a tabletop with a gentle hammer blow. I have
spare fasteners on hand for the rusty ones that break.

I've been using this technique successfully without losing a single emblem post.

Fred - So.SF, CA