dash cover

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: dash cover
From: "Ian Miller" <ianmiller9@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 18:09:46 PST
Does anyone have any experience with Fairlady Products' reproduction
dash cover?  $59 seems cheap to me.  What are they made of?  How hard
are they to install?  Do they need to be covered with vinyl? Can I do
that myself, with some glue and an exacto knife?

Then I could paint the flat part of the dash and polish up the gauges
and my interior would look pretty nice.  What is an easy way to polish
the chrome rings on the gauges?  And what kind of paint, type, color ect
should I use on the dash?  Is there a problem with painting the dash
instead of having it powder coated?

Thanks
Ian Miller
66 1600