Re: RALLYE INFO RESPONSE: V. Laury 3/1/99

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RALLYE INFO RESPONSE: V. Laury 3/1/99
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:34:47 -0600
There always seems to be divided opinion about paying for catalogs,
getting in to swap meets, etc. I have a friend who refuses to pay a $3
non-member fee to get into the vendor area at  monthly computer group
meetings, but doesn't hesitate to pay $5 to get into camera shows every
couple of months. What's the difference?

As far as Rallye is concerned, I'll bet they're a small (one person)
operation who started a business based on a perceived need and a love of
the subject at hand. As has been mentioned, catalogs cost a ton to
produce. A small just barely self supporting operation may not be able to
bear the cost on a regular basis. Fortunately, while new products may
become available, I'd think the list of products wouldn't change as
quickly as other companies. In the near term the cost of setting up and
offering a website is making it less expensive every day to give
potential customers access to your products and services

It's the vendor's decision rather or not they charge, your's rather to
pay or not. Many companies that do charge for a catalog offer a purchase
rebate or include a copy free with an order.

Bottom line, if you don't want to pay for a catalog, then don't.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)