RE: open letter to Rallye

To: "Datsun Roadsters (E-mail)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: open letter to Rallye
From: "HUBBARD, Charles E." <chubbard@shl.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 13:40:34 -0800
Since I purchased my 1500 in 1983, I have had nothing but pleasant
experiences in my dealings with Rallye.  I encourage them to hurry up with
getting their catalog online and making it easier for us onliners to do some
business with them.  I have to admit that it's easy to look on Dean's site
and see what his prices are for the few things he sells.  In many cases, it
pays to shop around. However, let's remember that none of the big guys
(Nissan, GM, etc.) have their parts books online yet.  Rallye is a major
supplier with many more parts in stock than the average roadster house.
When people like Les Cannaday and the other major players need that hard to
find part, I think they go to Rallye.  Their prices are sometimes high
because they have a tremendous inventory holding cost. They are also one of
the most complete parts houses you will find for your roadster.

I have seen few web sites setup to do commerce on the net.  Showing a few
parts and prices w/pictures on the web is a one thing.  Major catalogs take
big $$$ to develop and time to maintain them.  Putting the catalog online
may not be cost effective at this time for the folks at Rallye. I for one
hope they do it sooner than later.

That's My $5.00 ($.02 + $4.98 for shipping and handling):-P

Charlie Hubbard
1964 1500