fiberglass

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: fiberglass
From: "Paul Gabriel" <heyace@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 20:40:25 -0800
T o all who may be interested in fiberglass parts,

I don't yet know how much the cost is going to be because I wanted to check
with all of you for
interest. I told him I would let him know on Monday.  The first mold would
probably come from
the fenders that I gave him today.   they are for my 69 2000.  He said once the
molds are done,
then it is fairly inexpensive to reproduce them from there.  He showed me how
they do it and
some fenders from some regular cars as race cars & trucks,  I have to say they
looked good.
So... If I do this, the first run will be for the high window cars and
depending on the demand
I would then do low window fenders.  I would need someone to supply a straight
set of those
fenders for the mold though. (maybe Les & CDM ?)
As for the strength,  they will reinforce all the needed areas to my
recommendation's and
requirements.  He also said that they can do any thickness I want.  I told him
that I really
just wanted a nice clean/strong stock fender that has all the same mounts as a
stock steel one.

Well then please throw out any comments or suggestions and I will call him on
Monday (hopefully
get a near ballpark on cost)...I will let the list know on Monday what's
happening.

Thanks
Paul
heyace