Re: clutch size

To: mmhenry@cei.net
Subject: Re: clutch size
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 00:16:12 EST
In a message dated 2/24/99 9:25:34 AM Mountain Standard Time, mmhenry@cei.net
writes:

<< What are the specs for the clutch, in terms of OD and splines?

 Is the Roadster known as a number, like perhaps as a 410?  My
 transmission guy doesn't have books that list it as a Roadster.
 What should he be looking for?

 Thanks,
 Mark Henry
 Little Rock

Mark,

They are known as SPL310 (1500), SPL311 (1600) and SRL311 (2000). The "L"
means Left hand drive so omit that if you have a RH car.  You can get the
clutch assemblies from Nissan or from any of the regular suppliers like Sports
Imports, Fairlady Products or Roadster Restoration, and I would encourage you
to give these guys your business.  They will all have the real Nissan parts,
which last a long time and aren't that expensive, maybe a little more than an
aftermarket rebuilt unit, but you can be sure they will fit and wear well.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque