Painting Equipment

To: "Bluebirds" <bluebirds@bluebirds.datsun510.com>,
Subject: Painting Equipment
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:02:19 -0600
I want to start doing some auto type spray painting.  Initially I want to
change a few things on the car trailer (18 ft., dual axle, diamond plate
flatbed) and paint it before we head out to Shasta. The original paint
job was not great and redoing it should provide a good learning
experience. I even have access to a old spray booth if I don't want to
shoot it here at the house. I figure I can also do the engine
compartments, wheel wells and trunks on the cars.

I have a 5 horse (belt drive, two cylinder) compressor that puts over 120
psi into a 28 gallon tank (don't remember the CFM rating, but I think
it'll provide what a spray gun needs). I know I'll need a dryer and a
regulator. Does anyone have any specific suggestions regarding those two
items and a decent quality spray gun?

TIA, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)