Re: Alt. Conversion

To: <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>, "Mark Dent" <stickerman@home.com>
Subject: Re: Alt. Conversion
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:12:51 -0800
< What I do not like about my alt is the pulley ratio.  Because they
are self exciting they do not turn on until you hit a certain RPM.  On my
car its like 2500 rpm.  So all the time I am sitting in traffic or creeping
around the  around the city my batt is discharging >

Not really it should keep charging at lower rpm once you energize the fields
in the alternator, when you first start the car you need to rev up to get it
to start charging but then it should continue charging after it returns to
idle.

Mike Kerr
Roadster Restoration
3730 Todrob LN.