TRANSMISSIONS

To: "'Datsun'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRANSMISSIONS
From: "Lahtinen, Marko" <MARKOL@isr.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:12:02 +1100
Hi all

All this talk on transmissions got me wondering about the 4speed in my 1500.
The problem is that it makes a really awful noise in first - grinding
screeching type sound - yet it still pulls fine.  Second, third and fourth
are fine in that they are very tight, no noise, and the synchros work well.

Based on this extensive description of symptoms, does anyone care to make a
diagnosis?

regards

Marko
64 1500 with R16 - still in the shop having been there all summer (its
Australia folks) following an accident last October
Canberra