digital photos

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: digital photos
From: Barrie B Strachan <strachanb@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 07:10:48 -0800
Well, as usual it isn't quite that simple.  I pay for Juno as my ISP and
therefore I have full service email with them.  Attachments are no
problem.  I too have a few image processing programs, an HP ScanJet, and
a Sony digital camera which I would prefer to use,.

The problem is that different printing companies have different
requirements as far as digital photos go.  Also, not all digital cameras
have adequate resolution to meet publication quality standards.  Right
now all this is in transition.  I'm sure the day will come (soon) when
prints and slides are obsolete and digital files will be the only way to
go.  For now, though, prints and slides are a sure thing.  If you're
planning to take pictures for publication, do it with a 35mm camera.

Barrie
------