Re: Mr. Iizuka visit/party at CDM

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mr. Iizuka visit/party at CDM
From: Barrie B Strachan <strachanb@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 07:09:10 -0800
This was an amazing opportunity to meet the man who started it all.  Mr.
Hidehiro Izuka was leader of a small team of designers who built the
first 1500 Fairlady.  He is a very interesting and congenial person and
those of us who were lucky enough to be able to attend the party
thoroughly enjoyed listening to him reminisce about the early days at
Nissan, the genesis of the SP212/213 four-seater Fairlady which preceded
our Roadsters, the legendary Count Goetz, and on and on.  It was also
great fun to see Mr. Izuka enjoying some of the beautiful Roadsters at
Les's shop.  Believe it or not, he's never owned a Roadster.  He loves
them just like we do, though.

How Les Cannaday met Mr. Izuka is a story in itself.  You'll be able to
read all about it, and see some great pictures of the party, in an
upcoming Z Car and Classic Datsun magazine article.

Barrie
-----