Re: clutch reassembly

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clutch reassembly
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:44:52 -0800
I gotta disagree.
        I've  centered the friction plate (clutch disc) on the pressure plate
just by feel a dozen times now, and that's always worked, be it a 1600,
2L, NAPS-Z pickup, Mitsubishi, BMW, or whatever.
        As long as you're centered, things slide together easily, PROVIDING
you've got the ability to align the engine with the tranny.  3 trees
tied into a tripod with a come-along will make it a challenge no matter
how well the clutch is aligned!  (my father is SO cheap...)
Toby

Ian Miller quoted: