Re: Brakes again (new questions)

To: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brakes again (new questions)
From: Kyle Hagemann <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:18:28 -0800

>>Ronnie Day wrote:
>>
>> Good points, Jim. Even the "bolt-on" conversions have their share of
>> issues. There's been a lot of discussion on the 510 list about
>> conversions and upgrades of both suspension and brake components. The
>> most popular seems to be the ZX struts (with or without adjustable
>> coilovers) which gives you vented rotors, combined with rear disks from a
>> 200SX. As conversions go, pretty straight forward and simple.

Just my 2c here.  We've gone round and round about this on the 240Z.org
list, and the end result has been that properly maintained and adjusted
stock brakes are great!  If your 240's stock brakes aren't up to snuff,
it's because there's something *wrong*, not because the design isn't good
enough.

In my case, I was pretty dissatisfied with my stock brakes - I was ready to
do all sorts of radical things.  Then, just for kicks, I adjusted my rear
brakes; boom- night and day difference - no slop in the pedal, smooth,
stable braking, no noticable fade (street use).

HTH,

     ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
 _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28, 5spd, poly, etc. - The Z-Beast
|  _ |   |  _'@`, 66 1600, Daily Driver - For Sale! $3,250 /bo
`-(@)------(@)-;  69 2000, U20, goes like stink - no name yet!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- 84 Maxima, 280ZX in sedan disguise - Mr. Max
http://www.sonic.net/~kyle 240Z tech info, Win95/8 theme, etc.
"What kind of sycophant are you?!"
          "What kind would you like me to be?" -101 Dalmatians