Re: SPEEDO GEARS

To: <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>, "Roadster List" <DATSUN-ROADSTERS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SPEEDO GEARS
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 11:22:53 -0600
>My questions are:
>What is the standard amount of teeth on the speedo gear and for the 60
>series tires what should I change to.  I know they are available through
>Nissan with different counts.

John,

Given your two comparison, they're both consistent in that your speedo is
being under driven right at 15%, so to me it looks like you'd want a
driven gear with 15% more teeth that the one in the trans now. Sorry, but
I don't remember off the top of my head what is OEM in the car.

HTH, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)