Re: South Texas Get Together-Feb. 14

To: "Kevin McDonald" <kevin.mcdonald@dev.tivoli.com>,
Subject: Re: South Texas Get Together-Feb. 14
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 12:52:50 -0600
>When I saw an Austin area thread a few weeks ago I was thinking
>of a Hill Country cruise in the roadsters (weather permitting).
>Anybody up for meeting in Wimberly at about 11:30AM? After lunch
>we can cruise around Lake Travis, go through Marble Falls and come
>back 1431 with plenty of time for the dinner at 3:30 - or push
>dinner towards 5ish? I have no top so if the weather is below 65
>I probably will stay home (warm and healthy!)
>
>Just some thoughts.
>
>Kevin McDonald

Let's keep the late lunch/early dinner/whatever(?) at 3:30. Marc Tyler's
coming over from Boerne and we're coming down from D.FW, so starting at
3:30 would let us drive down/over, eat, bench race, watch videos,
anything else we want to do for a good while, and still drive back home
at a decent hour.

Of course, there's nothing to prevent a fun run earlier in the day,
ending 3-ish at the Cracker Barrel. If we had something to cruise in,
we'd be tempted to join. One of these days we'll have to make a run on
west 46 from Boerne to south of Bandera and then over through Utopia. We
had Elayne's family reunion down there a couple of years ago and the
state highways around there are great for twisty-bit type fun runs.
There's an excellent cafe in Utopia that offers a number of sections
ideal for groups.

Guess I need to get off of this box and get outside to work on the 510.
<G>

Later, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)