Re: classic Datsum Magazine

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: classic Datsum Magazine
From: "Mark G. van der Hoek" <captainhoek@koan.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 09:54:46 -0800
Marc Sayer wrote:

<snip>

> a society get to the point where our first assumption is that the
> company must have burned us or ripped us off? And when did we assume
it
> was OK to accuse the company of that publicly just cause we wonder if
it
> might be the case?

<snip>

> I apologize if I am ranting here but I am just sick and tired of
being
> accused of burning or ripping off people (privately and especially
> publicly) when I work so hard to keep this publication going and
offer
> folks a good product.

Mr. Sayer is right.  I think that both of you who made a public
accusation owe him a public apology.  Did you try to contact him
first to see where your subscription was?  Or did you just
ASSUME?  This is thoroughly unfair.  I doubt that Marc is getting
rich from this venture, and I doubt that any of us realize the
hard work and COMMITMENT that it takes to keep such a magazine
going.  It is a service to the Datsun nut community, and it
should be obvious from the many comments posted here that it is
received by many and appreciated highly.   (Wish I could afford
it!)  So to assume dishonesty was not only unfair, it was not
reasonble!  (I was going to say it was not very bright,  but I decided
to be nice.  <g>)

Gentlemen?

Mark van der Hoek
Hemet California

P.S.  Marc, why do you spell your name wrong?  <grin>