Re: Head Aches, Warped Head Options

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head Aches, Warped Head Options
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 10:01:46 -0800
Just been there, John.  (not with a 2000, tho)
        My 2c- search high and low for another head, hopefully one that's not
been milled much.  If you can find one, great.  Keep in mind that even a
good core is going to need a freshening up, and many of 'em are really
warped.
        Meanwhile, get a few quotes on getting yours reconditioned.  You pretty
much need to straighten it- milling much warpage causes so much
alignment hassle it's not funny.  Head shims do work, tho, as does
welding it back up and re-milling...
        I bet you'll find that it's cheaper and easier to fix yours.  Spares
are getting really scarce, and it seems that everything I've found has
been screwed up by some "machine shop"  Be really wary of junk- I've had
bad luck getting things sight unseen.  Try the reputable guys first!
Good luck,
Toby