1500 Valve Stem Seals

To: "Datsun Roadsters (E-mail)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 Valve Stem Seals
From: "HUBBARD, Charles E." <chubbard@shl.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 07:47:56 -0800
I just bought a gasket set for my 1500 that includes the newer/different
style of valve stem seals than the original 1500.  I was told that the head
would need to be reworked to make these seals fit.  It was also expressed to
me that the newer seals perform better than the old o-ring type seal by
decreasing oil burn and buildup on the pistons.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this issue.  I would like to
know if this is worth doing and what instructions to give the machine shop
for making these seals work on a 1500 head.

Charlie Hubbard
64 1500