RE: Solex Confidential

To: "'Ronnie Day'" <rday@cyberramp.net>
Subject: RE: Solex Confidential
From: Paul Strassmaier <PaulS@dowa.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 11:19:45 -0800
I am hoping for the e-ride!  (solexes, b-cam, 4.11 LSD).  I do have one
question:

When my mechanic had the motor apart he noticed that the valves were all
bigger than in the factory shop manual.  When we replaced the exhaust valve
guides we sized them to the existing valves (all had the little Nissan
logo), and all seemed to work ok.  Before we put the head back on, I had him
write all the valve sizes down so I could later figure out what was going
on.

Are there any specs anyone has for the larger valves?  The car was raced
from 1968-1980, and the other stuff came in the car, maybe I lucked out and
got the head too!!

Is the cruising range on this car going to be less than 100 miles? :)

Paul Strassmaier
67 2000

PS:  It appears that I have a 68-70 Solex aircleaner box.  If anyone would
like to trade, I'd like to find the correct 67 Solex air cleaner box.