Re: Alt electrical questions

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Alt electrical questions
From: "Mark G. van der Hoek" <captainhoek@koan.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:53:59 -0800
Daniel Neuman wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>         I also have some electrical questions that I hope someone can answer.
>          I also wired my alt.  with one thick cable going to the batt. and
>one smaller
> fused cabled spliced into the white cable that used to go into the stock alt.
>         Here's whats wacky.. my amp meter reads a discharge?? And when I take
> out the fuse in the cable going to the white wire my ampmeter still works??
> I guess I was expecting it to go dead why did'nt it??

Shooting from the hip, not having a schematic or car here to look
at....

Something ain't right here, Daniel.  Have it looked at by an
electrical type guru before you go smoke! Your amp reading
discharge and STILL works when the fuse is out sounds like the
current may have found another path to flow through.

That is known to electricians as, "NOT GOOD!"

Personally, I prefer having the regulator out where I can test or
replace it independent of the alt.  But I'm an old bugger, I
guess.

I do like the sound of 100 amps, though!  BRIGHT LIGHTS!!!
<grin>

Mark van der Hoek
Hemet California