Alt. mounting problems.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Alt. mounting problems.
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:38:30 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,

        Well if it ain't broke dont fix it I know... I am maybe having
some problems with my fancy new 100amp 1 wire alt. I have followed the
advice of a couple of people and have it mounted on the right side in the
stock pre-smog postion.  I only have it mounted with a piece of 3/9" threaded
stock going through the smogpump bracket on the bottom and the adjustable
piece from the stock alt on top.  I do not have the triangluar bracket
that helps support the front of the lower part of the alt.  Well, the 3/8's
stock snapped on me the other day...From wiggleing other peoples alt. (that
sounds kinda naughty huh??) they are very solid where mine has a little bit]
of wiggle(after I replaced the 3/8's stock and tightened everything down).
        I am also thinking of drilling out the smog pump mount to accept
a bigger 5/16's bolt.
        Guess I should try to scare up a right side alt. mount but problem
is, is that I do not see which bolts it should go on.

        Any ideas folks..and please dont say go back to the stock unit...

                Daniel 69 2000.