Re: Nickle-Bronze welding

To: "andrew" <andden@ihug.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Nickle-Bronze welding
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:07:53 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: andrew

Tony

Picked up your notes on Chapman era rather than Lotus list so I am replying
direct as I have era at home and list at work.

Several of my collegues are using vapour fluxing and have made up their own
equipment.  Odd that you should raise it at this time as I have just
puchased a Formula ford that needs a large amount of repair and I was going
to manufacture a fluxer myself.  I have up till now used the old method of
fluxing the rod but am fed up with the paint blistering as the flux i
thought I had removed finally comes off.

I understand that BOC (British Oxygen) that owns the company here in New
Zealand and Austalia sell a kit for about the same amount as you suggest.
So far my buddies reckon that it is the only way to go.

When I have some more details will send then up to you if you are
interested

Regards

Andrew Denton

Auckland NZ

(reply on the list as it is more likely to be read

Yep, I'd like to hear anything that pertains to building your own unit . . .
"how HARD could it be?"     :-)     That attitude gets me in lots of
trouble!
Tony