Re: Shifting the bores on a Kent Ford block

To: "Chapman Era List" <chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Shifting the bores on a Kent Ford block
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:07:41 -0500

----------
> From: Erik V. Berg

> Did the original question have something to do with the furnace
brazed
> four-pak cylinder subassembly that was inserted into Kent blocks,
to make
> Cosworth BDG blocks?

Wow!  I'd read something about "brazed cylinder liners" before they
went to aluminum blocks but didn't know about a cylinder "sub
assembly"   Among my "show and tell" items which I drag out for
interested visitors is one of the original Crosley "COBRA"   (co-bra
= copper-brazed) engine blocks.  To most people's  amusement, it's
galvanized like a bucket and sounds about like one when you thump it.
  "Auto Quarterly" did a story on the concept and the designer once .
. .forgot who  .  .  . wonder if there are any "brazed" motors being
built today?

Tony