Re: Back for a visit

To: Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Back for a visit
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:57:07 +0000
From: Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>
> OK, I'm a little late on this one, (BIG lurk mode, too much email at
> work!), but it is good to see this many old soler's back!

Been missing you, Roger.  You still have that fiberglass Triumph-powered car?
Peerless?

> The SLCFWSC is still in South Lansing, but about 2 miles from where
> it was - We built a new house in 02, and barn the next year - I'm
> still working on the shop trying to get light & heat! I really do
> have to get some pictures of the new barn posted...  (Just think, we
> don't have to do everything in ascii art anymore!)

Looking forward to it.

> Still racing the bugeye, but due to time shortage we bought a
> "vintage" Miata last year ('92) to add to the mix (and have a
> roadster to drive with little work!)

I have become assimilated by the Borg also.  In 2005 I spun a rod bearing in
the Lotus and sold it to a TR6 owner in Illinois.  Autocross duties have been
performed by a cheap Miata I picked up in Albert Lea Minnesota last Labor Day.
I've made about dozen events in 2006.

The TR4 is still on the hoof, but it did not get out as many times as I would
have liked this summer.  Sue and I did make a couple of drives with with the
Minnesota Triumphs club.  Unfortunately, the car guy who was the Saint Paul
police chief has retired, so the downtown Saturday night cruise evaporated.
The 10,000-plus-car Back To The Fifties is still going strong, though, and we
made it out there for a couple of days.

See http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier for pictures.  I don't get much
shooting done at "regular" autocrosses because I am so busy as
permanent-number-czar and instructor.  I did make a hillclimb and airport
event, and they are a lot more relaxed so I can shoot some pix.

We were in Vermont this last spring, but we flew to Boston and rented, so we
didn't get to drive past your place on the way.
--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,