Re: R&P Ratios for OD TR-4

To: tr4boy@starstream.net (Schuett, Greg),
Subject: Re: R&P Ratios for OD TR-4
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:45:46 -0400
Greg,

         Did you do it with both ways and got the same results? That should
not happen as one method should give double the revolutions. You know what?
I think I was mistaken and it should be half the number with one wheel
jacked up, as when a car is stuck in snow with only one wheel slipping, the
wheel turns twice as fast. So your calculations would suggest you have the
4.1:1 rear end. Sorry for this misinformation.

         I guess to be sure, just mark the driveshaft and a wheel while the
car is on the ground, then roll it one wheel revolution (getting someone to
push the car on the flat) and count the revolutions of the driveshaft,
assuming you can see it.

Regards,
Bob

At 07:20 PM 11/18/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Thanks John, Bob and Chris for your responses...Seems like I'll be staying
>with the 3.7.
>
>I'm feeling a bit lame at the moment...I checked the rear end as described by
>John (both wheels off the ground) then as described by Bob (one wheel off the
>ground) and in both cases the drive shaft turned a little bit (10 degrees
>maybe) past TWO turns for one turn of the wheel...what gives?  Did I do
>something wrong?
>
>Thanks,

Robert A.C. Hamilton, P.O. Box 202, Waverley, Nova Scotia, B0N 2S0
Home Page: www.accesswave.ca/~hamilton
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca or robertach@ca.inter.net
Tel: 902-861-3277  Fax: 902-861-1361