MG throwing oil

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MG throwing oil
From: Bill <bport@pixi.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:51:10 -1000
Hi all,
        I've got a 76 MG midget that started spitting out a lot of
oil from the valve cover through the Weber Carburetor.  When I capped
off the line from the valve cover, oil finds it way out through seals
around the engine.  It's as if the oil pressure is set too high.
There is a oil pressure relief valve on this car.  Could that be the
problem, or is it the oil pump itself.  Maybe the oil pump strainer
is clogged.  Anyway, maybe someone out there has experienced a
similar experience and could help me out..........  Thanks.......
Bill