RE: MG throwing oil

To: "Bill" <bport@pixi.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MG throwing oil
From: "rynerpj" <rynerpj@plateautel.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:20:32 -0700
Bill,
The problem is not oil pressure but crankcase pressure.  I had the problem
once when the PCV valve was installed backwards and the crankcase was being
pressurized.  Have you done work on the car lately?  If not, and the problem
is recent, I would look for problems with the block either not being able to
breath (PCV valve or vent tube clogged) or excess pressure entering the
block (ring, valve or head problem).
Good luck
Pete